httpd-users mailing list archives

From J R M <jrm.apa...@darktide.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Logging Options - Extended W3C Log Format?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 02:50:17 GMT
All,

I've recently had a request from one of our clients to provide their logs
in the 'Extended W3C Log Format'.  From my googling around the
place, this appears to be pretty much a log format exclusive to IIS.

>From poking around google and reading http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-logfile.html
the fomat looks awfully strange.

Is it possible to configure Apache in a way to create logfiles in
this format without using some sort of external logging system?  Perhaps
my google-fu is letting me down severely that I havent found an easy way
to do it yet - but maybe this is simply not possible to do 'out of the
box'.

Thanks in advance

Regards
jrm