httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Bardsley" <SBards...@rlwinc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: resubmit: mod_deflate with chunked gzipped input
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:22:57 GMT

I've attached a patch for mod_deflate.c (version 581198 in SVN).  Let me
know if you want a different format, but
    patch -p0 <mod_deflate_581198.patch
should do the trick.

We strongly suggest there is a problem handling the gzip footer while
inflating input data. The original code does not seem to acquire the
footer properly in all cases. The changes ensure the footer is properly
acquired.

This patch has run for over 24 hours without error.  The previous
version would only run from 2-5 hours before errors occurred under
identical conditions (loading, data, etc).  Again, the errors *always*
occurred coincident with the "FIXME" section of code (line 953).

Regards,
Steve Bardsley

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the noted recipient(s) and may contain
information that is privileged, proprietary and confidential.

If you received this message in error, you must not, directly or indirectly, distribute, use,
disclose, print, or copy any part of this message. Please notify the sender if you have received
this message by mistake and erase this email and its contents from your system. Note that
any views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, note that email transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, received late or incomplete, or infected with a virus. Therefore, the sender does
not accept liability for any errors in the content of this message which arise as a result
of email transmission.