httpd-users mailing list archives

From loredana loredana <loredana888...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] passing enviroment with PasEnv
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:57:29 GMT
Ok, here's something I don't understand. I've connected my apache and tomcat using mod_jk
in my httpd.conf I wrote
SetEnv REMOTE_USER xxx
PassEnv REMOTE_USER

and then in tomcat I just wrote a file

<% out.print (request.getAttribute("REMOTE_USER")); %> and well enough, I got xxx printed
on the page

now, I installed a module for authentication in apache, wrote a small php file that prints
out all the headers and I got a big list among which REMOTE_USER had the value equal to the
username. But now, in tomcat, the same small file doesn't return anything even though REMOTE_USER
has a value and in httpd.conf I left the PassEnv REMOTE_USER line.

So where's the catch? If I set the environment and pass it, tomcat sees it, if it's set by
the authentication module and I just pass it, tomcat doesn't see it. anybody knows why?

http://mail.yahoo.com