httpd-users mailing list archives

From loredana loredana <loredana888...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] passing authentication to tomcat pls help
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:09:31 GMT
I've installed keberos mod for apache. Instalation went ok, user is authenticated and I tested
this using a small php file in which I printed out the headers and remoteuser prints out the
username. I want to pass this to tomcat mod_jk so that in tomcat the getRemoteuser() will
return the same username. As I know, if you add the attribute
tomcatAuthentication="false" to the connector element in server.xml, the remote user will
start coming through from Apache httpd. But, of course, mine says null. So on the apache it
works but on tomcat if gives null even with the tomcatAuthentication =false. You might say
this is a tomcat related issue but nobody on that list was able to give me a hand. Hope someone
here can give me some kind of pointers. 10x in advance

http://mail.yahoo.com