httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache LDAP module prepends CN=Configuration to Base DN?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 17:06:17 GMT
On 10/11/07, Jim Garrison <Jim.Garrison@troux.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the spot-on response.  Your suggestion to use :3268 worked.
>
> Being relatively new to LDAP/AD, I'm curious as to why, when the query
> was submitted from the Linux command line using ldapsearch(1) or from
> Windows using LDAPBrowser 2.6, A/D didn't send a redirect.

I would expect ldapsearch on linux would by default print a one-line
indication that a search reference was encountered; with some
parameter (-C?) ldapsearch will try to follow it but won't re-use any
credentials you provided on the original command line.

The MS tool might grok all the AD'isms and make some kind of
optimization, I believe LDP.exe has some quirky behaviors in that
regard.