httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Grant Peel" <gp...@thenetnow.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] php and suexec
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:58:20 GMT
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the speedy resonse. I actually am setting suphp on a test server right now, but
one of the items I was looking for was to jail users from a php standpoint similar to what
suexec does for perl, i.e. can't write outside the users docroot, etc etc.

If I read suphp right, it does not do that. PLEASE correct me if I am wronge!

-Grant
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Matthew A. Bockol
  To: users@httpd.apache.org ; Grant Peel
  Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 10:29 AM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] php and suexec

  Hi Grant,

  You might also consider suPHP (http://www.suphp.org). I don't use it myself, but it should
do what you want. Otherwise, php in CGI mode is pretty simple.

  1. don't load the libphp module in httpd.conf (or disable php for the directory containing
the scripts you want to cgi exec).

  2. Add .php to the AddHandler cgi-script line in httpd.conf

  3. Make sure Options ExecCGI is enabled for the directory where you're storing the scripts.

  4. Make sure the scripts have a #!/path/to/bin/php line at the top (I know this works in
*nix, not sure about win32).

  Matt