httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Strand" <do.not.eat.yellow.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] utf-8 encoded htaccess?
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:26:29 GMT
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:48:45 +0200, Vincent Bray <noodlet@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/09/2007, Martin Strand <do.not.eat.yellow.snow@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It really seems to be a UA problem. According to those RFCs, both
>> 'realm'
>> and 'filename' are supposed to be 'quoted-string' and should be treated
>> exactly the same. It just seems so weird that three major browser
>> vendors
>> would miss this.
>> Frustrating... :\
>
> Indeed. I'm reaching a bit here but how about checking with a UA
> that's meant to be a standards facist? I'm thinking the likes of svn
> (via libneon) or links or wget, those kinds of command line clients.
>
> Googling this issue doesn't shed much light :(
>
> Iit would help to see a dump of the actual headers sent on the wire,
> just in case apache's somehow mangling it. There was a link to the
> wiki page containing several ways to watch those in an earlier post.

Alright, I just tried svn but no luck - it doesn't decode the realm name
and neither does elinks.
I couldn't find a way to show the realm with wget.
Letting wget dump the response shows that the header looks just fine:

WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="=?utf-8?B?5pel5pys6aaZ5aCC?="

As far as I understand those two RFCs, that's exactly how it's supposed to
look.

Martin