httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Header set & WWW-Authenticate
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:14:02 GMT
On 9/26/07, Pieter Vanmeerbeek <pieter@vanmeerbeek.net> wrote:

> Header edit WWW-Authenticate: ^NTLM dummy
>

> Unfortunatly doing this results in removal of all WWW-Authenticate headers
> except for the Negotiate instead of modification of the headers.
> Headers sent to client :
> WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
>

> Can anyone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

The problem is that, in HTTP, multiple identical headers are
equivalent to a single header with all the values folded together. So
I don't believe there is a way in apache to target just one of the
headers. Why don't you instead try something like

SetEnvIf WWW-Authenticate NTLM gotntlm=yes
Header set WWW-Authenticate Basic realm="x.x.x.x" env=gotntlm

Joshua.