httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Garbled UI With Reverse Proxy Server
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 13:54:17 GMT
On 9/20/07, Neelam Kumar Sharma <neelam_sharma@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> Setup Details:- An Apache/1.3.27(Win32) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6d

Ouch Ouch Ouch. 1.3.27 is an ancient version, and shouldn't be used.
This is especially true on windows, where the 1.3 series has many
problems. All bets are off.

> Filetr Implementation:-  Filetr forces the 302 response to any GET requets
> for a file residing in a particular folder inside the server root htdocs.
> Filter sets the Content-lenght to 0 and Location to an another html file

Why are you monkeying with Content-Length? That could very-well be the
cause of your problems, since Content-Length is not typically zero on
redirects. There is usually some text passed in case the auto redirect
doesn't work. Just emit the Location header and apache will take care
of the content-length.

(I can't guarantee that this is the cause of your problem, but
certainly if you feed the wrong content-length to the browser, that
can cause requests to get mixed up.)

Joshua.