httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Direct script to specific port...
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:14:56 GMT
On 9/17/07, Rodolfo De Nadai <rodolfo.denadai@ima.sp.gov.br> wrote:
> Joshua, my script should be independent of apache when executing, but i
> have to run my script throuth IE or Firefox, so it depends of the apache
> to start and stop the script...
>
> And i can't run a PHP script over internet without using the apache
> port... at least i'm not finding a way to do this in other way...

You aren't defining what the heck you mean by "using the apache port".
What do you need to use a port for? If you are simply sending data
back to the client, then the answer you have already received are
correct: simply configure apache to run on the port you want using
virtual hosts.

Anyway, if you aren't willing to specify exactly what this script is
doing with the port, then I give up. Can't help you without more
information.

Joshua.