httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Questions about httpd logging and redirecting requests to be logged in different places
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:52:47 GMT
On 9/11/07, Ali Nebi <anebi@iguanait.com> wrote:

> i want to check all requests for the authentication users, in the
> example above the user is hpenagos.
>
> and all requests from these specify users to be logged in different
> places.

This could probably be done by using a RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}
and then a RewriteRule with the E flag to set an env variable.

But I highly recommend forgetting all that and simply post-processing
your logs to extract what you want. By keeping the logging as simple
as possible and putting any complications off-line, you'll have a more
efficient and more reliable server.

Joshua.