httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse doesn't work...,Help!
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:49:28 GMT
On 9/11/07, aireana <aireanalistic@gmail.com> wrote:

> > ProxyPreserveHost On
> > ProxyPass /mingle/ http://localhost:7979/
> > ProxyPassReverse /mingle/ http://localhost:7979/

> As ProxyPassReverse is On, when I was route to somewhere from "/mingle" (for
> example, from "http://localhost:7979" to
> "http://localhost:7979/profile/login" ), it should change to
> "mingle/profile/login" instead, right?
> But I doesn't. It route me to "/profile/login" which happen to be 404.

I don't know what you mean by "route to somewhere". ProxyPassReverse
will ONLY modify Location headers from your back-end server. These are
typically generated by an "HTTP redirect".

Also, using ProxyPreserveHost and ProxyPassReverse in combination is
usually a mistake. You probably want to get rid of the
ProxyPreserveHost and use the correct hostname in place of localhost
in the ProxyPassReverse directive. Otherwise, the redirects coming
back from your back-end will not be to "localhost" and therefore will
not be caught by the ProxyPassReverse.

Joshua.