httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help: running apache virtualhosts as regular users and groups
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 14:13:06 GMT
On 9/5/07, Jaysen Johnson <jaysen@jaysenjohnson.com> wrote:
> So 10 years of working with UNIX is not enough experience?   Thanks for
> belittling me like that.  I know how to patch software, just not RPMS.  I
> could easily compile apache myself and patch it.   I just prefer to use RPMS
> because I can update my server automatically with YUM.
>
> Now, is there anyone out there that can assist me without talking about to
> me or assuming that I do not have enough UNIX experience?

Common fella. I obviously wasn't trying to insult you. You said
yourself: "Sorry I am a newbie when it comes to this." But you didn't
seem to read the statements in the document that said "None of these
modules are apparently production-ready." and "At the present time,
you should only attempt to use one of these MPMs if you fully
understand the security and performance trade-offs involved."

Anyway, I already gave you my recommendation for you to solve the problem.

Joshua.