httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dan_Mit...@Notes.YMP.GOV
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permissions dilemma in the /var/log/httpd directory
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:14:39 GMT
Remember, that this would effect every file create by apache or any
children (like cronlog).  If there are CGI script that create files, these
will be effected too.  By putting an ACL on the log directory, you kind of
limit the "scope" of the change.

My ACL on our log directory looks like:

# file: apache2
# owner: root