httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-Stéphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_cache question
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 06:50:15 GMT
If you know what you are doing, you can turn on or more of the following cache settings:
	- CacheIgnoreCacheControl
	- CacheIgnoreNoLastMod

AND limit the time during which the response may be cached with
	- CacheMaxExpire

You should also add
	- CacheIgnoreHeaders: Set-Cookie

in order to prevent one user to hi-jack another user's JSESSIONID for example.

Be very careful about unintentional disclosure of personal information and such when you do
this. You may end up serving one user's data to another user.

-ascs

-----Message d'origine-----
De : James Sherwood [mailto:jsherwood@rgisolutions.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 20 septembre 2007 03:56
À : users@httpd.apache.org
Objet : [users@httpd] mod_cache question

Hello,

I was looking at mod_cache and was wondering people's opinions on it.

We are serving up dynamic content using Apache, mod_jk and tomcat.

The most of our hits will come from 3-6 pages.

Will mod_cache actually cache the dynamic pages for x period of time?

This would save us a ton of database cpu if this was the case.

Thanks,
--James