httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Smith" <Aaron.Sm...@kzoo.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Modules and Libraries
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:43:55 GMT
When apache loads a module, does it use any environment variables to
locate it's libraries?  If so..what?  I have an install of apache 2.0.55
on HP-UX 11.11.  It was compiled with mod_ldap.so and mod_auth_ldap.so.
The OpenSSL libraries that were used during the compile of apr,
apr-util, and httpd have a funky link in them that starts with a "./".
If you start httpd, it says it can't find the SSL library.  Setting the
SHLIB_PATH environment fixes that, but then it throws this error:

Syntax error on line 191 of /opt/apache3/conf/httpd.conf:

Cannot load /opt/apache3/modules/mod_ldap.so into server: Unresolved
external

I'm thinking they're related as the mod_auth_ldap.so uses SSL so it's
probably trying to find the SSL libraries somehow.  I just need to
figure out how to tell it where they are.

Aaron