httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Smith" <Aaron.Sm...@kzoo.edu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache and mod_ssl (extra info)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:38:10 GMT
Oh, and I forgot to mention, it doesn't log anything at all in ANY of
the logs when accessing the site via HTTPS.

Aaron Smith                Aaron.Smith@kzoo.edu
System Administrator   (269) 337-7496
Kalamazoo College

-----Original Message-----
From: Graeme Fowler [mailto:graeme@graemef.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 5:25 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache and mod_ssl (extra info)

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 16:30 -0400, Aaron Smith wrote:
> Connecting via https to port 8045 shows the behavior of child
> processing hanging in a waiting state.

Sounds like your system isn't generating enough entropy to me, which can
affect SSL/TLS connections on lots of protocols. I have no experience of
HP/UX though, so suggestions are limited...

Which SSL libraries are you compiling mod_ssl against? OpenSSL, or some
HP ones? Do you have /dev/random and /dev/urandom?

If you do "cat /dev/random" and "cat /dev/urandom", what comes back?
It'll be garbage, but do the rates differ significantly?

When you start up this new Apache instance, what does it log in the
error log?

Graeme