httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.4 [an error occurred while processing this directive]
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 07:55:10 GMT
On 04/09/07, Malcolm Walker <malcolm@mewalker.co.uk> wrote:
> Your jibe is forgiven. {8;-))  But just because the technology is old
> doesn't mean it isn't any use.  I assume there are `better' and newer
> ways of achieving the same object.  Perhaps PHP is more appropriate?

Depends on what you're trying to achieve. mod_includes can be fine for
(very) simple needs, but quickly becomes limitting.

> I did `stick' the lines you kindly provided into the httpd.conf file and
> the mcjdreamweaver site is displayed in my browsers with the URL:
> http://localhost.  So thank you for that step forward.

But.. Your includes are still not working?

> By edit do you mean delete 127.0.0.1 localhost and add (say) 127.0.0.1
> mcjlocalhost?

No, don't delete the localhost entry as lots of software assumes it's
there. Instead, just add to the line so you've got:

127.0.0.1 localhost mcjlocalhost whatever-else

--
noodl