httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache able to cache entire HTML page?
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 07:38:00 GMT
On 04/09/07, Ben Spencer <ben.spencer@moody.edu> wrote:
> Question:
> Can apache cache everything for an undefined amount of time
> (days/months/years) without concern of the backend server's headers? With
> some playing, we got this to work by removing headers, but, this seemed
> overly complicated and not foolproof. The first non-cached request also
> responded with some of the backend server headers while cached responses
> responded with the appropriate Apache headers.

It sounds like you're on the right track. I can only really advise you
to look carefully at the headers sent by your backend, make sure
you're using apache 2.2.x, set LogLevel debug in apache (very helpful
during cache configuration), and see the CacheIgnore* directives.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_cache.html
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/WatchingHttpHeaders

--
noodl