httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about proxy_ajp, sessions and paths...
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 05:47:12 GMT

On Sep 23, 2007, at 5:13 AM, Haim Ashkenazi wrote:

> ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/abc/
> sessions are not kept in tomcat. every request is like a new one.
>
> Is this a normal behavior? Is there a workaround for that?

Yes, because Tomcat will set a JSESSIONID cookie for path /abc, and
the browser will not send that back because it's going to path /
foo.jsp and not /abc/foo.jsp.

You need to have mod_proxy munge the cookie path on the way out.  It
has a directive for that, but I'm too tired to look that up right now.

S.

--
Sander Temme
sctemme@apache.org