httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache in embedded product
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:22:59 GMT

On Sep 24, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Malluru, Puri wrote:

> I found Apache serving https just fine. When I try to access the same
> site with http, IE just waits forever.
>
> Please note that this whole build folder is mounted as nfs folder to
> embedded codec before starting apache.
>
> Am I missing any gotchas?

Yeah, don't use IE.

I'm serious. IE is fine for browsing web sites, but for testing your
configuration you'd be much better off with a tool that tells you
what's going wrong.  For instance

curl -I http://yourbox:9090/ should give you a header back
curl -kI https://yourbox:9091/ should give you a header back, or a
connection error, or an openssl error, or...

So, the two million dollar questions:

1) What error does your client give you, and at which level?
2) What Does The Apache Error Log Say?

S.

--
Sander Temme