httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mukarram Syed <muks...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permissions dilemma in the /var/log/httpd directory
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:41:55 GMT
I'll try that.
Thanks.

Dan_Mitton@Notes.YMP.GOV wrote: Have you tried setting the umask in your apache startup script?
 I'm
running on Sun Solaris and I've used ACL's to get the permissions I want.

Dan

Please respond to users@httpd.apache.org

To:     users@httpd.apache.org
cc:      (bcc: Dan Mitton/YD/RWDOE)
Subject:        [users@httpd] Permissions dilemma in the /var/log/httpd
directory
LSN: Not Relevant
User Filed as: Not a Record

Hi,
Here is my dilemma and I'd appreciate some help.
Apache has been configured and is running fine.  But other users need read
permissions to the /var/log/httpd directory.
Before I implemented cronolog (www.cronolog.org), I forced a permissions
change to 755 in the startup script for the /var/log/httpd directory.
After I implemented cronolog this does not work, since cronolog
automatically changes permissions to 400.
Is there a way to force permissions to 644 at least in the httpd.conf file
and keep it that way even after cronolog rotates logs.
I could implement chmod -R 755 /var/log/httpd via cron at midnight, but
this is a crude way of doing thing.  I hope there is a better, elegant
way, via Apache.

I again appreciate any inputs to this.

thanks

# mukarram syed

Mukarram Syed
muksyed@yahoo.com
 Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user
panel and lay it on us.