httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help: running apache virtualhosts as regular users and groups
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:41:19 GMT
On 9/5/07, Jaysen Johnson <jaysen@jaysenjohnson.com> wrote:
> So 10 years of working with UNIX is not enough experience?   Thanks for
> belittling me like that.  I know how to patch software, just not RPMS.  I
> could easily compile apache myself and patch it.   I just prefer to use RPMS
> because I can update my server automatically with YUM.
>
> Now, is there anyone out there that can assist me without talking about to
> me or assuming that I do not have enough UNIX experience?

Well, I've got 15 years of Unix experience (12 years of Linux), always
compile my own apache, and still I wouldn't attempt to solve this
problem by patching apache.

My suggestion is to follow the recipe outlined here:

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DifferentUserIDsUsingReverseProxy

It's simple, and you get the possibility to restart individual user's
servers without affecting others thrown in for free...

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland