httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Conlen...@obmail.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat and Apache on the same port?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:04:52 GMT
Then I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to accomplish. You
can't change the number of requests per second by tuning, you can
only affect how many processes are running at one time competing for
and using resources. The lower the response time the less processes
however the response time will include the entire network, not just
your server as the connection is open until the TCP connection is
torn down and the server has a process for every connection. With
memory prices what they are there's really no excuse for not just
putting 4 GB of memory in the machine if that's what it's going to
take. Memory prices start at about $30 USD/GB right now.

--
Michael Conlen