httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Conlen...@obmail.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Tomcat and Apache on the same port?
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:39:45 GMT
There's two things you can do, but first...

You can not run two programs on the same IP address on the same port
for the same protocol. If this were possible there's no way to know
which program handles a request.

You could use two different host names with two different IP
addresses on the same server. All requests that should go to tomcat
goes to one host name and others go to another host name and both can
use port 80 on their respective IP addresses.

Another option is to run the servers on different ports then use a
layer 7 switch to redirect them by URL.

--
Michael Conlen