httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Sherwood" <jsherw...@rgisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Load balancing question
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:12:48 GMT
Hello,

I cannot get my mod_jk status page to work.  Maybe it is because I am on windows?

It seems:

worker.list=jk-manage
worker.jk-manage.type=status
worker.jk-manage.mount=/admin/status/jk

only takes a linux style path for the mount?

We upgraded to the latest mod_jk and this were the results:

1: All monitors were fine, there were no bottlenecks anywhere that we could find(cpu's,HD's
and networks all seemed fine).
2: This time when we brought the servers to their knees, they recovered a short time after
the test was completed.
3: We tried the socket_keepalive=true for the workers and the server did not recover after
4: the only problem we can find is after the test in the mod_jk log we have about 20-30 lines
of this:
[Mon Sep 17 08:03:49.906 2007] [7948:4868] [error] jk_ajp_common.c (2097): (tomcat5) Connecting
to tomcat failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port

The lines vary only by the (tomcat5) being any of the tomcats in the loadbalance.

It seems like apache/tomcat/mod_jk are reaching the max number of connections between each
other or something?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,
--James