httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Frederick Lamartin" <fhlamar...@verizon.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Baffled for two months - Need help
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 16:05:07 GMT
I need help with a BASIC problem that has baffled me for two months. Here
are the
pertinent data.

1. Using a Windows Vista Home Premium platform, I cannot open my website in
the server.

2. The path to my website is "C:\Users\Lamartin\My Website".

3. Major elements of the configuration are:
    ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2"
    Listen 80
    ServerName localhost:80
    UserDir Enabled lamartin
    UserDir "C:/Users/Lamartin/My Website"
    <Directory "C:/Users/Lamartin/My Website">
         AllowOverride None
         Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Includes ExecCGI
             Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
    </Directory>
    <IfModule dir_module>
        index.html index.html.var index.cgi
    </IfModule>

4. I have tried to get an index of my site in both I.E. and FireFox, by
using the following URL: http://localhost/~lamartin/. In I.E., the URL gives
an error ("Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"),  and the URL
gives a comparable error in Firefox.

5. The Apache error log entries for these trials are of this type: "[Sun Aug
05 19:09:13 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/Program
Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/lamartin".

Sent by Frederick H. Lamartin
fhlamartin@verizon.net