httpd-users mailing list archives

From "gb1071nx" <gb107...@globallyboundless.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy giving access forbidden
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 03:00:46 GMT
duh. sorry. (about the non-plain-text and my failure to STFW).

It now all works as expected, after loading not only mod_proxy but
mod_proxy_http and mod_proxy_connect

This error message, right there in the logs, was most helpful:

[Fri Sep 07 17:49:33 2007] [warn] proxy: No protocol handler was valid
for the URL /proxy/www3.domain.com/9999. If you are using a DSO version
of mod_proxy, make sure the proxy submodules are included in the
configuration using LoadModule

________________________________

	From: gb1071nx [mailto:gb1071nx@globallyboundless.com]
	Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 6:34 PM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: [users@httpd] mod_proxy giving access forbidden

	I'm trying out some rewrite rules, and I have one that works
without [P] (but does it's work as a 302, found, but over there...)  .

	But when I add [P], I get a 403 forbidden.

	in the non-[P] version, I can just sniff the 'location' header
to find out what is being requested.   Is there a way I can figure out
what the internal proxy is request is for, in order so I can know why
it's being forbidden?

	Or... seeing as how the actual rewrite pattern and substitution
is identical, is there a typical 'gotcha' regarding this 'forbidden'
business, that I just don't know about (seeing as how it's my first time
with both mod_rewrite and mod_proxy)

	the rule is active under a single vhost, and the substitution is
to a different vhost, all hosted by a single apache instance.

	apache 2.0.49, if that makes a difference.

	Thanks.