httpd-users mailing list archives

From "gb1071nx" <gb107...@globallyboundless.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Unable to compile mod_rewrite
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:55:17 GMT
Ah, that's the n00b in me coming through.  I didn't connect "DSO" with
*.so

One last question then (the reason I'm even compiling apache in the
first place):

I have an existing production server that does not have mod_rewrite
either as an .so or within the list of "httpd -l" .  Is it a very stupid
idea to download the particular version of Apache I'm currently running,
compile mod_rewrite as a shared module, put it in my existing modules
directory, and start using it?  That is... I would compile my apache to
/usr/local/notapache2  and I'd just move
/usr/local/notapache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so to
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_rewrite.so

I realize I should probably just take the opportunity to upgrade, but
I'm just wary of making changes.