httpd-users mailing list archives

From Charles Marcus <CMar...@Media-Brokers.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Upgrade 2.0 to 2.2 on Gentoo - apache won't start...
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 23:59:55 GMT
Hello,

I'm in a bit of a bind... the consultant I normally use is unavailable,
and I did something dumb... I upgraded apache from 2.0.58 to 2.2.6
without him being available, and now it won't start...

It was working fine before, so this is hopefully just a config issue,
and I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer...

First, my box:

AMD Dual Opteron, Tyasn S2895 MB, 2GB RAM
Gentoo, kernel 2.6.17 (yes, I'm planning on updating it soon)

When I upgraded, it also updated PHP from 5.2.4_pre200708051230-r2 to
5.2.4_p20070914-r2, and installed apache-tools...

I'm using SSL only, and vhosts. I did opt to use the new config files,
so if someone could point me to a HowTo for setting up SSL and vhosts,
maybe that would be enough... anyway...

When I try to start it via the init script, I'm getting this error:

* Starting apache2 ...
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
domain name, using m.y.i.p for ServerName
[Sun Sep 23 19:45:50 2007] [warn] NameVirtualHost m.y.i.p:443 has no
VirtualHosts

I have my hostname correctly set in /etc/hosts - remember, it was
working fine before...

netstat -tapn definitely shows it is NOT running...

I only want SSL (443) running, and want any requests to port 80
redirected to 443. I do remember seeing something about SSL being
started a bit differently...

Anyway, any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

--

Charles