httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rachel Barrios <rbarr...@fimacsolutions.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:16:00 GMT
James,

I'm not sure about how you could get apache to do that.

You can however try a few different non apache methods to accomplish the 
same objective.
1.) You can setup your firewall to redirect based on ip address.
2.) You can create a simple redirect program, all traffic goes to that 
program and it redirects to other projects for you.

Sincerely,
-Rachel

James Sherwood wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I have it all wrong when it comes to the IP in the virtual host.
>
> So IS there a way to redirect to works depending on the IP of the 
> incomming request?
>
>
> --James
>
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rachel Barrios" 
> <rbarrios@fimacsolutions.com>
> To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
> Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 12:50 PM
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question
>
>
>> James,
>>
>> In my configuration I've setup several ips on the same machine.  As 
>> far as I understand it, the ip1 address in <VirtualHost ip1:80> is 
>> the ip apache sends the request on, and not the ip which the user is 
>> using while viewing your page.
>>
>> <VirtualHost ***.***.***.38:80>
>>   ServerAdmin webmaster@my-host.com
>>   DocumentRoot /home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/ramain
>>   ServerName my-host
>>   JkMount /*.xsp ajp13
>>   JkMount /*.xxsp ajp13
>>   JkMount /*.xml ajp13
>>   Alias /clients "/home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/clients"
>>   Alias /ramain "/home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/ramain"
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> <VirtualHost ***.***.***.40:80>
>>   ServerAdmin webmaster@my-host.com
>>   DocumentRoot /home/httpd/ipfscorp/ipfscorp
>>   ServerName my-host2
>>   JkMount /*.xsp ajp13
>>   JkMount /*.xxsp ajp13
>>   JkMount /*.xml ajp13
>>   Alias /jag "/home/httpd/ipfscorp/jag"
>>   Alias /ipfscorp "/home/httpd/ipfscorp/ipfscorp"
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> In my configuration I have two different server names,  if you access 
>> http://my-host2 you access ip ***.***.***.40 .
>> To achieve this setup, I've created several eth ip's on this same 
>> machine.
>>
>> I'm not an apache expert, but this is my understanding of how it all 
>> works together.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> -Rachel
>>
>> James Sherwood wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The tomcat5 worker goes to another server in which I changed the 
>>> code for the test page so it is different from the loadbalancer worker.
>>>
>>> Then a coworker has that ip and views the page.  The page he sees is 
>>> the same page I see from a different ip.
>>>
>>> Am I doing something wrong?
>>>
>>> --James
>>>
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rachel Barrios" 
>>> <rbarrios@fimacsolutions.com>
>>> To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
>>> Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 12:19 PM
>>> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question
>>>
>>>
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> How are you verifying that you have two different sets of 
>>>> information coming in?  Ie. how do you know that one test came in 
>>>> on your first ip address and that a second test came in on a 
>>>> different one?
>>>>
>>>> Sincerely,
>>>> -Rachel
>>>>
>>>> James Sherwood wrote:
>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>
>>>>> Ok to my understanding if i have the vhosts:
>>>>>
>>>>> <VirtualHost 74.115.246.12:80>
>>>>> ServerAdmin jsherwood@rgisolutions.com
>>>>> DocumentRoot "E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/htdocs/wmm"
>>>>> ServerName www.somewhere.com
>>>>> ServerAlias somewhere.com
>>>>> JkMount /* tomcat5
>>>>> ErrorLog E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/logs/wmm-error_log
>>>>>        CustomLog E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/logs/wmm-access_log 
>>>>> combined
>>>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> <VirtualHost *>
>>>>> ServerAdmin jsherwood@rgisolutions.com
>>>>> DocumentRoot "E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/htdocs/wmm"
>>>>>  ServerName www.somewhere.com
>>>>> ServerAlias somewhere.com
>>>>> JkMount /* loadbalancer
>>>>> ErrorLog E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/logs/wmm-error_log
>>>>>        CustomLog E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/logs/wmm-access_log 
>>>>> combined
>>>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Anyone going to www.somewhere.com on the IP 74.115.246.12 would be 
>>>>> sent to tomcat5 and everyone else going to www.somewhere.com would 
>>>>> be sent to loadbalancer.
>>>>>
>>>>> It does not work this way so am I mistaken?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> James
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rachel Anderson-Barrios" 
>>>>> <rbarrios@fimacsolutions.com>
>>>>> To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
>>>>> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 12:45 PM
>>>>> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> I'm not sure if this is what you mean or not, but you can 
>>>>>> redirect to
>>>>>> pseudo ip addresses on the same machine.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <VirtualHost ***.***.***.38:80>
>>>>>>    ServerAdmin webmaster@my-host.com
>>>>>>    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/ramain
>>>>>>    ServerName my-host
>>>>>>    JkMount /*.xsp ajp13
>>>>>>    JkMount /*.xxsp ajp13
>>>>>>    JkMount /*.xml ajp13
>>>>>>    Alias /clients "/home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/clients"
>>>>>>    Alias /ramain "/home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/ramain"
>>>>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <VirtualHost ***.***.***.40:80>
>>>>>>    ServerAdmin webmaster@my-host.com
>>>>>>    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/ipfscorp/ipfscorp
>>>>>>    ServerName my-host2
>>>>>>    JkMount /*.xsp ajp13
>>>>>>    JkMount /*.xxsp ajp13
>>>>>>    JkMount /*.xml ajp13
>>>>>>    Alias /jag "/home/httpd/ipfscorp/jag"
>>>>>>    Alias /ipfscorp "/home/httpd/ipfscorp/ipfscorp"
>>>>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> We have both hosts using the same workers "ajp13" but could 
>>>>>> specify them
>>>>>> here to use different ones.  Both VirtualHost elements are in the

>>>>>> same
>>>>>> http.conf file.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hope that helps,
>>>>>> -Rachel
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 21:50, James Sherwood wrote:
>>>>>>> Hello,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> We use mod_jk with apache and tomcat.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Is there a way to redirect requests to a certian worker via 
>>>>>>> their ip range?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>>>>> James
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP 
>>>>>>> Server Project.
>>>>>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more
info.
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>>>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>>>
>>>>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server

>>>>>> Project.
>>>>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> __________ NOD32 2534 (20070917) Information __________
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
>>>>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
>>>>> Project.
>>>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
>>>> Project.
>>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> __________ NOD32 2543 (20070921) Information __________
>>>>
>>>> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
>>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
>>> Project.
>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
>> Project.
>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
>> __________ NOD32 2543 (20070921) Information __________
>>
>> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
>> http://www.eset.com
>>
>>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
> Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message