httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rachel Barrios <rbarr...@fimacsolutions.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:50:33 GMT
James,

In my configuration I've setup several ips on the same machine.  As far
as I understand it, the ip1 address in <VirtualHost ip1:80> is the ip
apache sends the request on, and not the ip which the user is using
while viewing your page.

<VirtualHost ***.***.***.38:80>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@my-host.com
   DocumentRoot /home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/ramain
   ServerName my-host
   JkMount /*.xsp ajp13
   JkMount /*.xxsp ajp13
   JkMount /*.xml ajp13
   Alias /clients "/home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/clients"
   Alias /ramain "/home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/ramain"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost ***.***.***.40:80>
   ServerAdmin webmaster@my-host.com
   DocumentRoot /home/httpd/ipfscorp/ipfscorp
   ServerName my-host2
   JkMount /*.xsp ajp13
   JkMount /*.xxsp ajp13
   JkMount /*.xml ajp13
   Alias /jag "/home/httpd/ipfscorp/jag"
   Alias /ipfscorp "/home/httpd/ipfscorp/ipfscorp"
</VirtualHost>

In my configuration I have two different server names,  if you access
http://my-host2 you access ip ***.***.***.40 .
To achieve this setup, I've created several eth ip's on this same machine.

I'm not an apache expert, but this is my understanding of how it all
works together.

Sincerely,
-Rachel