httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Binaries prepared for users@ win32 testing
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2007 04:43:49 GMT
Folks,

if you are quite comfortable with the installer, etc, and want to help
validate the newest installers *especially on vista or 2008* you will
find these candidates at http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/ - note the
timestamp of this message, it can take up to one hour for the transfer
to actually occur.

They aren't released yet; 1.3.39 will be deposited straight into the
archive.apache.org site (since we do *not* want folks using it on win32)
while 2.0.61/2.2.6 both SSL and non-ssl flavors are slated for the usual
location.  I'll give this a couple days for feedback and then move them,
if your reports here to users@httpd.apache.org look promising.

We *know* mod_perl has an issue with these.  We *know* mod_fcgid has an
issue with these.  If you are using either, you will need to wait for
the next iteration 2.0.62/2.2.7 or stay with the previous version.  If
you are waiting for your fix to use Win32AcceptEx and log the client IP
on 2000, your answer is here; if you are waiting on piped logs such as
rotate logs, your answer is here.

I'm looking for alerts of any other 3rd party modules which are now
incompatible, thanks!

Yours,

Bill