httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rodolfo De Nadai <rodolfo.dena...@ima.sp.gov.br>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Direct script to specific port...
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:36:53 GMT
The script do nothing with the port...

"using the apache port" it means that my apache default port is 80 and the script is blocking
port 80 since i call my script throuth IE or Firefox

If i confgure a virtual host to run on a different port, when apache is
restart it will try to access that port??? if this happend apache will
not go up because the script will be still using that port...

Perhaps i'm not be myself very clear... my script works like a
"thread"... a have a button Enable/Disabled on my web site, when i press
the button my script run in a shell on my linux... this shell is open
with my apache user... my script in theory should run forever, except
when in the web site interface the administrator click on the Disabled
button...
The problem that came out in a few days ago... the guys of support add a
new host in apache and restart.... the child process script of the
apache process didn't stop... so when apache was restart couldn't up...
than after a few minutes the guys of support find that my script was
running and using port 80... but the script only access a MySQL database
and send default e-mails...

thanks

Joshua Slive escreveu:
> On 9/17/07, Rodolfo De Nadai <rodolfo.denadai@ima.sp.gov.br> wrote:
>
>> Joshua, my script should be independent of apache when executing, but i
>> have to run my script throuth IE or Firefox, so it depends of the apache
>> to start and stop the script...
>>
>> And i can't run a PHP script over internet without using the apache
>> port... at least i'm not finding a way to do this in other way...
>>

> You aren't defining what the heck you mean by "using the apache port".
> What do you need to use a port for? If you are simply sending data
> back to the client, then the answer you have already received are
> correct: simply configure apache to run on the port you want using
> virtual hosts.
>
> Anyway, if you aren't willing to specify exactly what this script is
> doing with the port, then I give up. Can't help you without more
> information.
>
> Joshua.

* Rodolfo De Nadai *
* Analista de Sistema Jr. - Desenvolvimento *

	*Informática de Municípios Associados S.A.*
Seu governo mais inteligente
rodolfo.denadai@ima.sp.gov.br <mailto:rodolfo.denadai@ima.sp.gov.br>  -
www.ima.sp.gov.br <http://www.ima.sp.gov.br/>
Fone: (19) 3739-6000 / Ramal: 1307