httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rob Tanner <rtan...@linfield.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Having problems getting mod_authnz_ldap to work right
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 03:27:36 GMT
Hi,

I upgraded from Apace 2.0.53 to 2.2.4 and from mod_auth_ldap to
mod_authnz_ldap and that's where my troubles began.  I have one
protected directory that anyone with an LDAP entry should be able to
access, but something is failing in the process and Apache is not
providing in helpful logs (when I deliberately mistype my password I get
an error in the error_log but other times no log)

Here's the configuration on the old server that does work:
<Directory /var/apache/html/support/protected>
        SSLRequireSSL
        AuthLDAPUrl ldap://biblio.linfield.edu:389/o=linfield.edu?uid
        AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=secret, ou=Special Users, o=linfield.edu"
        AuthLDAPBindPassword "secret"
        AuthName "Protected"
        AuthType Basic
    <Limit GET>
        require valid-user
    </Limit>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

Here's my attempted mod_authnz_ldap configuration:
<Directory /var/apache/html/support/protected>
        SSLRequireSSL
        AuthBasicProvider ldap
        AuthLDAPURL ldap://biblio.linfield.edu:389/o=linfield.edu?uid
        AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=secret, ou=Special Users, o=linfield.edu"
        AuthLDAPBindPassword "secret"
        AuthName "Protected"
        AuthType Basic
    <Limit GET>
        Require valid-user
    </Limit>
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

Can someone please tell me what's missing?

Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob Tanner