httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris 'Xenon' Hanson <xe...@3dnature.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] UDP support for apache
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:36:59 GMT
Yogsothoth GV wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry previous email was sent before completion.
> Can I configure Apache to serve webpages using UDP as transport protocol ?

   That's the silliest thing I've ever heard of.

   Why would you want to?

> I see some code in srclib/apr/network_io/unix to send/recv UDP sockets,
> which makes me think it might support.  If so how would i configure ? I
> don't see documentation for this.
> I don't even know if these questions make sense, because to serve webpages
> server may force to do have reliability(so only supports TCP).

   Just because there is support for UDP in APR doens't mean Apache uses it. APR is the
Apache Portable Runtime:
http://apr.apache.org/

   It could be sued for a lot of things other than Apache itself.

--
      Chris 'Xenon' Hanson | Xenon @ 3D Nature | http://www.3DNature.com/
  "I set the wheels in motion, turn up all the machines, activate the programs,