httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fermín Galán Márquez <fermin.ga...@cttc.es>
Subject [users@httpd] Exit codes reference for httpd binary
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:22:15 GMT
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a reference of the "exit codes" of the
httpd binary (apache2 in the Debian distribution I'm using). After
browsing at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ (and specially
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/httpd.html), I haven't found
any document that describe the topic, so I come to the list in the hope
of someone could help me, please :)

Maybe it sound a estrange question, but I'm trying to debug a complex
utilization of the apache2ctl script. The httpd binary is failing to
start (returning 141 instead of the usual 0) and I'm wondering why...

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

Fermín Galán Márquez
CTTC - Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia, Av. del Canal Olímpic s/n, 08860
Castelldefels, Spain
Room 1.02
Tel : +34 93 645 29 12
Fax : +34 93 645 29 01
Email address: fermin dot galan at cttc dot es