httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] http and https
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:50:56 GMT

On Sep 21, 2007, at 9:13 AM, edwardspl@ita.org.mo wrote:

> Sorry, I don't quit understand what your means...

I'm sorry to hear that.

> For the Web Server setting ( http + https ) :
>
> Listen 80
>
> NameVirtualHost ip_address

NameVirtualHost ip_address:80

Because you're not running name-based virtual hosts on 443.

> <VirtualHost webmail.ita.org.mo>

<VirtualHost ip_address:80>

   ServerName webmail.ita.org.mo:80

> Redirect / https://webmail.ita.org.mo:443
> </VirtualHost>

I see nothing wrong with the configuration of your SSL vhost.

> etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart :
>
> Stopping httpd: [ OK ]
> Starting httpd: [Fri Sep 21 23:57:12 2007] [warn] _default_
> VirtualHost
> overlap on port 443, the first has precedence
> [ OK ]

That suggests there is another virtual host that matches port 443,
and I hope that the changes above will make that problem go away by
limiting the redirecting vhost to port 80.

Another possibility: could it be that you have another virtual host
on port 443 somewhere in your configuration?  Some of those Apaches
that come installed on Linux have an orgy of different configuration
files that get included here and there, and it's easy to lose track.

> Would you mind to help ( assist ) to update the config ?

See above.  You can get an overview of the virtual hosts you have
configured by calling httpd -S.  See httpd -h for a list of command-
line options.

S.

--
Sander Temme