httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael Conlen...@obmail.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Understanding the APACHE 1.3 process model
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 02:51:21 GMT
you likely have 23 established connections using server processes and
an additional number of server processes available to handle new
connections. Apache keeps some number of processes available so that
it doesn't have to fork the process at the time the request is made,
but instead has the process ready to go. There are httpd.conf
parameters to specify the minimum and maximum of these to keep
available.

--
Michael Conlen