httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Arnold <carn...@electrichendrix.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] URL Redirection Question
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:09:06 GMT
>try with redirect (and VirtualHost if needed)

><VirtualHost *:10080>
>ServerName our.domain.com:10080

>RedirectPermanent / http://another.machine.com:8080

></VirtualHost>

We are trying to do the samething with apache 2.2.3 on SLES10 SP1. I have config'ed a vhost.conf,
like so:
<VirtualHost *:8080>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
    ServerName host.domain.com
    RedirectPermanent / http://host.domain.com:8080
We have some users that don't type in the port number;therefore, we need host.domain to redirect
to host.domain.com:8080. The servername is the same as redirectpermanent just with a different
port. This also brings up another question: as you move along in the vhost conf, you find
DocumentRoot /srv/www/vhosts/dummy-host.example.com. This redirectpermanent is a different
machine than the one with apache2 on it. Does this matter and if so, how do i handle this?
Any ideas?