httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "James Sherwood" <jsherw...@rgisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:39:16 GMT
Hello,

The tomcat5 worker goes to another server in which I changed the code for 
the test page so it is different from the loadbalancer worker.

Then a coworker has that ip and views the page.  The page he sees is the 
same page I see from a different ip.

Am I doing something wrong?

--James


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Rachel Barrios" <rbarrios@fimacsolutions.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question


> Hi,
>
> How are you verifying that you have two different sets of information 
> coming in?  Ie. how do you know that one test came in on your first ip 
> address and that a second test came in on a different one?
>
> Sincerely,
> -Rachel
>
> James Sherwood wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Ok to my understanding if i have the vhosts:
>>
>> <VirtualHost 74.115.246.12:80>
>> ServerAdmin jsherwood@rgisolutions.com
>> DocumentRoot "E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/htdocs/wmm"
>> ServerName www.somewhere.com
>> ServerAlias somewhere.com
>> JkMount /* tomcat5
>> ErrorLog E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/logs/wmm-error_log
>>        CustomLog E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/logs/wmm-access_log combined
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>>
>>
>> <VirtualHost *>
>> ServerAdmin jsherwood@rgisolutions.com
>> DocumentRoot "E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/htdocs/wmm"
>>  ServerName www.somewhere.com
>> ServerAlias somewhere.com
>> JkMount /* loadbalancer
>> ErrorLog E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/logs/wmm-error_log
>>        CustomLog E:/Programs/Apache/Apache2/logs/wmm-access_log combined
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>>
>> Anyone going to www.somewhere.com on the IP 74.115.246.12 would be sent 
>> to tomcat5 and everyone else going to www.somewhere.com would be sent to 
>> loadbalancer.
>>
>> It does not work this way so am I mistaken?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>>
>>
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rachel Anderson-Barrios" 
>> <rbarrios@fimacsolutions.com>
>> To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
>> Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 12:45 PM
>> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Redirect question
>>
>>
>>> I'm not sure if this is what you mean or not, but you can redirect to
>>> pseudo ip addresses on the same machine.
>>>
>>> <VirtualHost ***.***.***.38:80>
>>>    ServerAdmin webmaster@my-host.com
>>>    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/ramain
>>>    ServerName my-host
>>>    JkMount /*.xsp ajp13
>>>    JkMount /*.xxsp ajp13
>>>    JkMount /*.xml ajp13
>>>    Alias /clients "/home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/clients"
>>>    Alias /ramain "/home/httpd/riskanalyticsinc/ramain"
>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>
>>> <VirtualHost ***.***.***.40:80>
>>>    ServerAdmin webmaster@my-host.com
>>>    DocumentRoot /home/httpd/ipfscorp/ipfscorp
>>>    ServerName my-host2
>>>    JkMount /*.xsp ajp13
>>>    JkMount /*.xxsp ajp13
>>>    JkMount /*.xml ajp13
>>>    Alias /jag "/home/httpd/ipfscorp/jag"
>>>    Alias /ipfscorp "/home/httpd/ipfscorp/ipfscorp"
>>> </VirtualHost>
>>>
>>> We have both hosts using the same workers "ajp13" but could specify them
>>> here to use different ones.  Both VirtualHost elements are in the same
>>> http.conf file.
>>>
>>> Hope that helps,
>>> -Rachel
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 21:50, James Sherwood wrote:
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> We use mod_jk with apache and tomcat.
>>>>
>>>> Is there a way to redirect requests to a certian worker via their ip 
>>>> range?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>> James
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
>>>> Project.
>>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
>>> Project.
>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>> __________ NOD32 2534 (20070917) Information __________
>>>
>>> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
>>> http://www.eset.com
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
>> Project.
>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
>
> __________ NOD32 2543 (20070921) Information __________
>
> This message was checked by NOD32 antivirus system.
> http://www.eset.com
>
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message