httpd-users mailing list archives

From "James Sherwood" <jsherw...@rgisolutions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Load balance question
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:03:31 GMT
Hello,

We are trying to load balance our server for a certian number of hits and are using WebLOAD
to test it. Currently it will only sustain a load of about 100(around 45 hits a second).

Our configuration:  Apache using modjk to 2 tomcats on 1 server. Anything over 100 and everything
begins to slow, page cannot be displayed happen.  Even once the load stops a restart of apache
and the tomcats are neccessary.

Questions:

1.  Is Apache itself only able to handle a certian number of connections or is it hardware(cpu/HD)
based.

2.  What is the best way to loadbalance this?  (IE do we put tomcats on another server and
use apache/modjk to load balance across 2 servers

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
--James