httpd-users mailing list archives

From meer <s.komend...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Apache spawns hundreds of processes, logging problem?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:24:22 GMT
Vincent Bray napisaƂ(a):
> What are you using for the log rotation? In case it's a disk error,
> check your /var/log/messages for the time the problem's occuring?

Apache logs are rotated by system's logrotate daemon and there are no
interesting entries in /var/log/messages.

> Apache logs requests as the final stage of processing, and any
> blockage here will lead to the process build up you're seeing.
> Requests will still get services, but only until you either run out of
> memory or hit MaxClient (which should happen first if the value is set
> correctly).

To be completely honest, I don't really know what to do in this
situation... the system was always fully functional and now It acts like
this. I applied an connlimit to the firewall but it didn't work also.

--
meer