httpd-users mailing list archives

From Christian Klinger <cklin...@novareto.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache as Proxy for XML-RPC Requests
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:59:48 GMT
Hello Apache Users,

I try to set up a proxy for XML-RPC Requests.
This is so far no great Problem. I do this with
an VirtualHost and the mod_proxy, mod_rewrite engine.

This is my VirtualHost:

<VirtualHost *:80>
     ServerName dummy-host.example.com
     ServerAlias www.dummy-host.example.com

     <Proxy *>

     </Proxy>

     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/extraNet/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]

</VirtualHost>

This example works correctly.

Now I want to protect the <Proxy *> Section.
In the XML-RPC-Request is a key. I have to validate
this key. And if the key is valid the request should
be proxied through the mod_proxy engine.

Is and how (maybe examples or urls) this possible?
Are there any modules who do this?

Is it possible to check the header if the
Content-Type is "text/xml" and all other should be redirected
to other sites? Only requests with Content-Type "text/xml" should
be proxied to this xml-rpc Server.

Christian