httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unclean restarts
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:42:26 GMT
On 8/28/07, Brian Cohen <brian@intercarve.net> wrote:
> Joshua Slive wrote:
> > Since this isn't something that I see frequently reported, my first
> > guess would be a faulty third-party module. What are you using other
> > than the standard apache modules?
> >
> > Joshua.
> >

> Thanks for responding, Joshua. My full module list is as follows:

You have a TON of third-party modules. All of the following are
non-standard in 1.3:
(although mod_ssl and mod_dav have been adopted into 2.x)

> AddModule mod_macro.c
> LoadModule security_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_security.so
> LoadModule dav_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libdav.so
> LoadModule encoding_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_encoding.so
> LoadModule layout_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_layout.so
> LoadModule perl_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_perl.so
> LoadModule ssl_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_ssl.so
> LoadModule auth_mysql_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth_mysql.so
> LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
> LoadModule gzip_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_gzip.so
> LoadModule python_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_python.so

Since that is a lot of stuff to go through by trial and error, you
might alternatively try to attach to some of those "stuck" processes
with a debugger and get a backtrace to see what module is causing the
problems.

Joshua.