httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_headers mapping problem
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:03:58 GMT
On 8/10/07, Jeff Murch <jmurch@cox.net> wrote:
> Would you please show me an example of how I would unconditionally rewrite
> the character-type header from utf-8?
>
> I am trying, and I know the syntax is more like pseudocode:
>
> RewriteEngine On
> rewriterule ^C"Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8" "Content-Type:
> text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"

Woh!

Have you looked at the mod_rewrite docs? Yes, they are intimidating,
but they are better than blind guessing ;-)

An example would be:
RewriteRule .* - [T="text/html;charset=iso-8859-1"]

But I have my doubts that would actually work. I don't know what
mod_rewrite will do with the charset, and I don't know what would
happen in a proxy context.

I'll repeat that I think the simplest way to do this is a quick and
dirty apache module.

Joshua.