httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Restarting
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:49:04 GMT
On 8/10/07, gerocoma-forophp@yahoo.com <gerocoma-forophp@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to know what really happen when apache is
> restarted. This is because I need to know the risks of
> restarting during production time.
>
> I mean, if, for example, a php is being attended and
> at that moment I restart, does apache will wait until
> the php finishes and give the generated response or it
> will just kill every running/pending process? The same
> question applies about mod_jk when attending java
> proceses.
>
> In fact, is there any risk about missing financial
> transactions?

This is discussed here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/stopping.html

The punchline is that, as long as you use a graceful restart, no
existing requests or connections are lost.

But whether there is any "risk about missing financial transactions"
depends on a whole lot of things beside the apache restart code ;-)

Joshua.