httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] sharing state between client processes in prefork mode
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:26:03 GMT
On 8/10/07, tom <pomarancde23@post.cz> wrote:
> Hi *,
>
>  we have apache 2.2.3 with mpm prefork mode. We wrote a module for it and the module
needs to share statistical information between the apache child processes. We have done this
through standard linux shared memory, but it seems not to work properly for higher loads (50
parallel clients). Can somebody point us to a possible solution on how to manage shared information
between client process in prefork mode, thank you.

Well, this is a general problem of inter-process communication and not
really apache-specific. Why isn't your shared memory working
correctly? Are you doing proper locking?

But in any case, you'll find a more knowledgeable group on the module
developers list:
http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html#modules-dev
They can probably suggest examples of other modules that do similar things.

Joshua.