httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_cache and wildcard url's
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 23:46:27 GMT
On 8/9/07, wi <icebattle@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi again
>
> I have a REST-based application that is getting quite loaded. I need to
> begin caching some dynamically generated png files that are created by the
> command:
>
> /users/<id>/games<game-id>/user_score
>
> Ideally, I'd like to create a caching directive along the following lines:
>
> CacheEnable disk /users/*/games/*/user_score
>
> so that the thumbnail graphic can be cached.

As far as I know, you can't use wildcards in CacheEnable (although I
haven't checked the code). You can only specify an exact leading path.

One thing to consider: if you are sending proper cache-control
directives with your non-png files, then there shouldn't be any
problem in letting the cache act on them. If you don't want them in
the cache at all, simply send Cache-control: no-cache.

Joshua.