httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] want to start apache when server boot up HELP HELP
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:46:56 GMT
Virus,

On Aug 19, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Galaxy Virus wrote:

> I couldnt.  Although I replaced the necessary path for every
> PREFIX, httpd didnt wakeup when server boots up.  :(

The problem is actually very simple.  When FreeBSD boots, it calls
every executable script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d with the argument
"start".  When the system shuts down cleanly, the same scripts are
invoked with the argument "stop".

You could put a short script in that directory that simply calls /
path/to/your/apache/bin/httpd -k $1 , and you're done.  The -k
argument tells Apache to interpret the following as start/stop/
restart/graceful command, and $1 sucks in the first parameter on the
command line.

The work of writing that script has actually been done for you
already: you could put a symlink to the apachectl script in that
directory.  apachectl Responds to start and stop, so that gets you
what you want.

S.

--
Sander Temme